vineri, 14 octombrie 2016

Amazing Bali


I think Bali has always been on my wishlist so I was quite happy when I finally landed on this exotic island. Can't remember a lot of details about Denpasar Airport. We stayed in a nice resort in Nusa Dua, with an amazing beach and pool.
I was expecting Bali to be a budist island, but I discovered that has more hindu rather than budists. The traffic on this island is quite hectic. Lots of cars and scuters, narrow roads and traffic jams. One of the biggest attractions on the island is Kuta, a fun place full of bars, crowded at night time.
My first day in Bali I went to visit a traditional house. I don't remember much about this except that they have a baldachin bed outside and I think it's pretty cool to sleep there although there are a lot of insects. Our next stop was a rice field where you can enjoy a bike ride. Then we went to visit a bali luwak coffee shop. I wasn't very familiar at that time with this but I would't repeat the experience now as I know they were exploating the civet cats. If kopi luwak coffee (part digested coffee beans) is produced in nature by free civet cats, I don't support the fact that some people are cageing the civet cats and feed them with coffee beans and laxatives. They were serving there different types of coffee.
Another stop we had was the Kintamani volcano. This place is very popular for trekking. I was surprised that this area was very populated with street sellers and a lot of them they were selling puppies. After we took some photos we decided to go to Ubud for lunch. We found a really cute restaurant in the city centre with amazing food. The entire experience was quite good as we were sitting on the floor. Our next stop was The Monkey Forest. You have to be really careful with your bags here as monkeys likes to steel. The funny fact is that they trade everything they get from you for food. We finished our day with a nice balinese massage in Nusa Dua.
Second day we headed towards Ulun Danu Bratan, a temple situated at the edge of Lake Bratan. The landscape around this area is amazing.
Pura Tanah Lot is another temple we visited that day. This temple is situated on a rock next to the ocean. It's a great place to take amazing photos. You can get inside the temple to get a blessing from the monks. There is also a cave where is supposed to live a giant snake who is protecting the temple. Also next to the temple you can find an open market where they sell everything from clothes, souvenirs, handcraft, paintings, fresh fruits.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu