luni, 19 septembrie 2016

Lost in the city of angels: Los Angeles Part 1

 Even if I'm a huge fan of travelling until recently I avoided going to the USA mostly because of the lentgh of the flights. My first encounter with the american land was made in April 2016 when I decided to visit my friend who was studying acting in Los Angeles. I took a direct flight to LA from Dubai, operated by Emirates Airline. The flight has more or less 15 hours but I managed to sleep for 10 hours and for the remaining time I watched 2 movies (their entertainment sistem is quite good as they always  have the latest movies). I reached LA in an afternoon. LAX (Tom Bradley Internatinal) is a huge airport but immigration and baggage collection went smooth. In 40 minutes from landing I got collected by my friend and we start driving around the busy roads of LA. We stopped at a 7\11 for a small shopping and I got shocked with the look of the people in the parking, pretty much homeless people. I was surprised to find out that we were in downtown LA. As we are usually expecting downtown to be a good area. I found out this is not the case for LA. My friend wanted to take me with her to her acting classes that evening but I was jetlagged and despite the 10 hours of sleep from the aircraft I was ready to sleep again.
Second morning I woke up full of energy and ready to explore the city. We drove to Griffith Observatory where we took a couple of photos with the Hollywood sign. This observatory is located on the mount Hollywood in Griffith Park, it was build in 1935 and is the best spot for observing the famous Hollywood sign. There are trekking paths all around that area and vegetation. We walked for 30 minutes around that area and than we decided to leave as it was a pretty hot morning. Our next stop was Walk of Fame. It was pretty challenging to find a parking here. Very crowded area, full of turists,street sellers and spiced with some beggers. I got a little dissapointed by this street as in reality in not as glam as on tv. We managed to take a couple of pictures and we had an early lunch as my friend was having a busy afternoon. I continued my day in Beverly Hills but about this I'll tell you more in a future post.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu